Krk Island is the northernmost island in the Mediterranean and together with the adjacent Cres, is the largest island in the Adriatic Sea. It is located in the northern Adriatic Sea and belongs to the Kvarner group of islands, together with Cres, Rab and Losinj. There are excellent transport links thanks to its very favorable geographical position.There is the Krk bridge, so just in a few hours of drive one can come to the island and the airport of the city of Rijeka is located on the island. Every year Krk attracts a growing number of tourists who are offered a perfect blend of historic and modern. This island has an extremely rich tradition in tourism, beautiful beaches, a variety of accommodations, hotels, campsites and a large and rich historical and cultural heritage, which dates back to the ancient times. Krk links tradition of fishing and modern accommodation, with the particularity of the local gastronomy. Krk is the island with the most populated areas, and today there are the city Krk and six municipalities - Baska, Dobrinj, Malinska, Omisalj, Punat and Vrbnik. Omisalj is the first town which we encounter after crossing the bridge. It is extremely interesting to tourists because it dates back to the prehistoric era, and it is a blend of ancient and modern. Njivice are located near Omisalj. It represents a combination of old houses along the shore, boats and fishing nets together with modern accommodation facilities such as hotels and camp in the shade of deciduous trees. Malinska is situated in a part of the island, which has as many as 260 sunny days per year. It is situated in the Gulf Dubasnica, sheltered from cold winds and surrounded by numerous bays. The place is dominated by a beautiful beach Rupa which has A Blue flag because of its quality. Porat is a quiet little fishing village with a harbor, beautiful beaches, rich seabed and picturesque scenery, and authentic cuisine. Krk Town is mentioned even by the blind Greek Homer. It has a magnificent cathedral, which dominates the space. It is particularly attractive as a resort for tourists who enjoy its rich history. Its city's beaches has a prominent Blue flag, and the diverse underwater is especially interesting for divers. Punat is one of the greatest Croatian nautical center, and island's olive center, especially known for the island Kosljun with a Franciscan monastery dating from the pre-Christian era. Baska is particularly interesting for its typical architecture, numerous cultural and historical monuments and surrounding hiking trails, and high levels of accommodation facilities, from hotels, camps to private homes. Vrbnik is situated on nearly 50 meter heigh cliff that literally plunges into the sea. It is extremely interesting to tourists, and its most famous product is golden-yellow wine - Vrbnicka zlahtina. Silo is known as a tourist, fishing and maritime location, with landscaped beaches with Blue flags, recreational facilities, and special diving trips. Klimno, just ten minutes drive from the bridge, is especially interesting to lovers of nautical tourism. Saline are known for pre-Roman salt works, and the site Meline for its healing mud. From here you can easily go on trip to the islands and visit places Cres, Mali Losinj and Rab. Every year, Krk attracts more and more visitors, as well as Baska, which is interesting for its characteristic architecture. You will find marina Punat on the island.
TO ISLANDS TRAVEL
MON - FRI : 8:00 - 16:00 h
tel: +385 (0)21 494 802
fax: +385 (0)21 494 820
10000 houses, apartments and rooms in offer.
- 3600 charter boats.
- Direct contracts with the owners.
- Approved properties with the licence to work. Detailed descriptions and pictures.
- The exact location of objects on the map.
- We will respond to all questions regarding destination and accommodation.
- Special offers - frequent price discounts. Just ask!
- We assist in resolving any problems regarding accommodation.
- Most properties are reserved by advance payment and the rest payment upon arrival.
- You pay on the account in the bank that is in the SEPA system (no costs of money transfer)
- You can pay online by credit card via the secure link.
- You receive voucher via e-mail after we receive the payment.
- Personal insurance covered by Allianz.
- We are members of the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies.
- 10 years of experience, thousands of satisfied guests.
- Our offer lists at: Casamundo, Atraveo, E-domizil, Tripadvisor, Flipkey, Holidaylettings, CaseVacanza, Homeaway, Fewodirekt etc.